A Sweet and Refreshing Festive Treat
The build-up to Christmas Day can mean many of us find it all too easy to skip meals in our haste to hunt presents, wrap presents and hide presents, so we have put together a list of our Top Five Festive Smoothies to help re-energise you. This Cranberry and Orange Smoothie is sweet and refreshing but with a Christmas twist – perfect for those who are not sure about all that nutmeg and cinnamon. But if this one doesn’t tickle your fancy, pop over to our other recipes here – we are sure you’ll find at least one you can obsess over.
For something a little “healthier” and more virtuous, the seasonal Cranberry and Orange smoothie is hard to beat. Perfect at breakfast time to put you in the mood to get all those Christmas chores completed…
- 1 banana (or if you prefer an ice-cold smoothie, freeze a banana overnight)
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- The juice of one large orange
- 240ml milk of your choice
- 120ml plain yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- Put it all into the blender or smoothie maker, whiz up and drink immediately.