Add Some Festive Spice to Your Morning
The build-up to Christmas Day can mean many of us find it all too easy to skip meals in our haste to hunt presents, wrap presents and hide presents, so we have put together a list of our Top Five Festive Smoothies to help re-energise you. This Gingerbread Smoothies is perfect for those who high tail it to Starbucks every year and wait patiently for their latest winter offerings. But if this one doesn’t tickle your fancy, pop over to our other recipes here – we are sure you’ll find at least one you can obsess over.
The coffee shops have long been putting the jingle bells in our Caffe Lattes, so why don’t we give a festive upgrade to our homemade smoothies too? This recipe is easy peasy to make – as are all of the following. Just bung all the ingredients into your blender or smoothie maker, blitz away then drink. Simply divine.
- 1 banana (or if you prefer an ice cold smoothie, freeze a banana overnight)
- 240ml milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 gingerbread man (or lady) biscuit (a nice chunky one from the bakery works best for maximum flavour)
- 1 tablespoon plain yoghurt
- 1 stick of cinnamon (for decoration)
- Put it all into the blender or smoothie maker, whiz up and drink immediately.