Switch on the Game, Set Down your Drink and Enjoy the Match!
The biggest advantage is this is an absolute breeze to whiz up. Nobody wants to be slaving away in the kitchen when Wimbledon fever hits, so my Luxurious Wimbledon Smoothie absolutely aces when it comes to precious viewing minutes spent anywhere other than the couch. It’s also got a lot more going for it than simply deuce…
Sorry about all the pun(nets of strawberries), I simply couldn’t resist!
Serves 2 Eager Tennis Aficionados:
- 300 g strawberries
- 2 scoops good quality vanilla ice cream
- Seeds of 1 vanilla pod (even if your ice cream has flecks of vanilla in it, this is a must for an even more heavenly flavour!)
- 250 ml apple juice
Optional – if you are feeling really decadent – and definitely if you failed to secure tickets to Centre Court this year – a MAHOOSIVE dollop of clotted cream to float on the top.
- Roughly chop the strawberries, reserving 2 to garnish the glass (leave the green stalks on and make a small slit down the centre from the bottom so they will sit happily on the rim of the glass as decoration). Do take the green tops off the strawberries going in the actual smoothie though! Then pop them in the blender.
- Cut the vanilla pod length ways and carefully scrape those precious vanilla seeds into the blender as well.
- Add the ice cream and apple juice and switch the blender on (use the smoothie button if you have one) for a good minute or until everything looks well mixed and a beautiful frothy red.
- Pour the drink evenly between 2 glasses. You can use tumblers and come back for second helpings, or just go for it with two mammoth smoothies.
- Top with a dollop of cream and a strawberry.