Chocolate and Coconut – What’s Not to Love
This recipe also features in our Posh Cornflakes Cakes Four Ways feature – pop over and check out our other recommendations.
- 340g milk chocolate (around 50-55% cocoa content is best)
- 55g coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- 140g cornflakes (don’t skimp with the supermarket’s own brand!)
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a saucepan.
- Add the coconut oil and desiccated coconut and melt over a low heat, but stir frequently.
- Once all is melted and glossy, measure and add the vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Whisk to create a thick glossy sauce and then tip in the cornflakes and stir until they are all covered with the yummy coating.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cake cases and transfer to the fridge to set. After an hour they will be ready to devour.