As Yummy as a Young Brad Pitt..
Muffins need a face lift. It’s sad but it’s true. Yes, with all the competition that is cake pops, cupcakes and whoopies, it’s time we gave our humble Muffins a generous sprinkle of LA stardust. So without further ado I present to you the very first recipe in my mini-series of inspiration: Men of Hollywood Muffins.
The Brad Pitty They’re so Full of Calories Rocky Road Muffins are utterly delectable, just like their namesake, who has certainly been in the limelight for all the not-so-good reasons this week further to his split from wife Angelina Jolie.
But unlike Ange, it is not my place to judge his parenting skills. This girl sees everyone as cake, and Brad’s incarnation in crumb is as scrummy as it gets. So much so, that I predict cinemas worldwide will be selling my not so little treats during the interval of his up-and-coming role in his latest movie, Allied, due for release this November (Odeon, don’t worry, I’ll be contacting you regarding my commission shortly…).
Just like Brad Pitt, these muffins are best when they are young, but may get dry and wrinkly over time… so best to sample them straight from the oven. Inspired by the sheer variety of roles Hollywood legend Brad has portrayed for our viewing pleasure, these are particularly reminiscent of his role as That Cowboy in Thelma and Louise.
So it’s time to dust off your Muffin tray, line it with paper cases (no need if you have a silicone one), roll up your sleeves and get baking. This delicious recipe can be made super quick – as we never want to over-mix our Muffins – giving us the perfect opportunity to sit back, catch up on some reading, meditating or daydreaming about, well, Brad of course.
Oh – and don’t even think about the fact that Angelina wouldn’t be partaking in this amount of saturated fat. It’s all “mind over platter” anyway. She doesn’t know what she’s missing!
Brad Pitty They’re so Full of Calories Rocky Road Muffins
- 220 g plain flour
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt (good quality mineral)
- 115 g caster sugar
- 50 g white chocolate chips
- 50 g any chopped up chocolate bar of your choice such as Snickers, Mars Bar or even whole Maltesers
- 50 g mini marshmallows (or if you have the patience for a little stickiness you can cut up large ones with kitchen scissors!)
- 2 eggs
- 85 g unsalted butter (melted)
- 250 ml full fat milk (let’s go for it!)
- The oven should be on at 200 degrees C/400 degrees F or Gas Mark 6.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the sugar, marshmallows, chocolate chips and chopped up chocolate bar (or Maltesers). Then mix until evenly distributed.
- Beat the eggs in a jug and then add in the melted butter and milk, mixing again. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients bowl and gently pour the wet mix in. It’s really important not to over mix when you combine all of this together. Just enough stirs to see that all of the flour mix is covered and you will be done.
- Transfer the mixture to your Muffin tray (or very carefully with an ice cream scoop into the paper cases) and pop in the oven for around 20 minutes.
Ravish these warm… but best leave them a few minutes after they have emerged from the oven. Even Brad Pitt isn’t worth burning your tongue for!