Freshen Up Those Childhood Favourites
This recipe also features in our Posh Cornflakes Cakes Four Ways feature – pop over and check out our other recommendations.
- 340g milk chocolate (around 50-55% cocoa content is best)
- 55g unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 140g cornflakes (don’t skimp with the supermarket’s own brand!)
- Simply break the chocolate into pieces and place in a saucepan.
- Add the butter and melt over a low heat, but stir frequently.
- Once all is melted and looking glossy, carefully measure and add the peppermint extract… it’s really important you don’t use too much as it is strong stuff, so 1/4 teaspoon max!
- Whisk to create a thick glossy sauce and then tip in the cornflakes and stir until they are all covered with the yummy coating.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cake cases and transfer to the fridge to set. After an hour they will be ready to devour.